Sunday, March 12, 2017

Data and More...

            In the last week, I finally decided on the sources of my data and my parameters of interest! Yay!
The Data
For my study, I will be using sales data from 2001 to 2016 in San Diego County, CA; Coconino County, AZ; and Montezuma County, CO. These counties were chosen for the demographic and geographic diversity they offer. Properties will be organized per the following property types:
-        Urban
-        Rural
-        Mountainous
-        Oceanside
-        High Value
-        Mid Value
-        Low Value
-        All Homes
The Study
To compare the price performance and dynamics of the above property types, I will create a price index for each group of data. To create these indexes, I will be using the repeat sales method. After creating the eight indexes (one for each property type), I will then compare them across a multitude of factors to determine if differences exist in their performance over time and if so, what these imply.


Now, I am waiting to receive data from the county assessors and am learning how to use the repeat sales method to create price indices. In my next post, I will hopefully have links to the data and eight price indices for each of the eight property types. Thank you and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment